I miss your face on a daily basis and the only consolation for me is that your soul is no longer suffering. I didn’t even know you were dead until 3 months later because of the shame your parents felt. I miss you my son…so much…I know that one day I will see you again…. On February 6, 2011, my beautiful son Levi lost his life as the result of an accidental overdose at the age of 30.
I know you are flying high with the angels and watch over all of us who loved you. The injustice of drug laws of which you were a victim has inspired me all my adult life, to change them so that more don’t die and others suffer completely needlessly. I never believed I would loose a child, but it happened anyway. God gained another angel when you were taken from this world. I pray that our Lord has been merciful with you and that you are in the utmost peace and tranquility….brothers miss you and love you and we talk about you often…never forgotten…always loved with cherished memories…. An educated, funny, music loving father of two is deeply missed every minute of everyday. His death broke so many hearts and had especially negative effects on those closest to him.
I am a nurse, I know what’s going on, but this was my son. Tuesday we had only family coming to see him to say goodbyes.
I prayed, I begged, I bargained, I had prayer groups all over the country praying for him, I called his friends. My son was gone, I was keeping his body barely alive , an intricate balance of drugs keeping his heart pumping.
Your sister, dad, niece and I talk about you all the time, and you will always be a part of our lives even while you live in heaven. Nick you are no longer fighting this battle of addiction and are at peace. I honor his memory along with hundreds more every chance I have. My son, Branden, died by overdose on July 16th, 2010. He was, is, and always will be loved and deeply missed.
We support and pray for those who struggle with addiction like you did and hope that the support of others throughout the United States and elsewhere will make a difference in ending this terrible epidemic. Ashley Gail Sass, forever 28…Feb 7, 2015 My only daughter, my best friend, mother of my twin grandsons now 9 yrs old who miss her so very much it tears at my shattered heart daily, my unbearable grief threefold..
We broke one another’s heart but you forever will have it. He was handsome, beyond smart, athletic, a musician and stubborn.
My son Maxwell was 19 and he died of a drug overdose.
When I feel like giving up or saying “forget it” about something, I usually remember you and remind myself I can’t just quit, because you never did. The sun, it still shines; the wind, it still blows; everything looks just the same; but Eddie when I search for you, all I can do, is quietly whisper your name. He touched so many lives and many of his friends in recovery credit him to being a part of their success. 25 years wasn’t enough but it’s all he was meant to live. 1978 to 2014 Destiny died with her husband Joe from a fentanyl overdose within hours of their 12th wedding anniversary. Your babies miss u terribly and I can’t imagine what your mom goes thru daily ! It doesn’t seem real but I know you’re at peace now and heaven got one of its angels back and heaven is a better place now that you are there !! Then one day he learned his dad had a terminal illness. the loss of your life has affected me in so many ways that not a day or minute or second goes by in my life that your not thought of.
Erica Lane although we had grown apart you we’re a life long friend w a HUGE heart and an amazing soft loving spirit ! Worked with his Dr doing any new treatments they developed and taking regular medication as prescribed. Knowing that I will be with you both one day is what keeps me going. Until we meet again, MOM This goes out to my beautiful aunt Angela Kay..
That was on a Monday, on Wednesday we found him unresponsive in his bedroom.
Never ever did I suspect that my son was injecting heroin. Once we knew he was “using” we still didn’t understand. One of the last birthdays we celebrated was his, his 19th.
We were lucky to have the money to do what all the “specialists “ said to do. We did as much as we could for as long as we could, but again, we never really understood the depths of addiction. Upon release I took him directly for a vivitrol injection. We had one month with him home, watching the World Series, celebrating birthdays and visits with friends.